A perfect white wine
is sharp, sweet and cold as this:
birdsong in winter.
Haiku by Wendy Cope
This weekend, I will be mainly:
♥ Drinking wine, which may or may not be white, and which is unlikely in either event to be perfect. Thank God I was too lazy to make any anti-drinking resolutions this year, or they would have been well and truly crushed by now.
♥ Taking Smidgen on increasingly blustery walks. What is with all this wind? Don't they know I ordered snow, dammit?
♥ Frittering away the hours making pretty grids of all the things I want to buy on etsy. It's kind of addictive - I've made four in the last two days. So far, I've managed to refrain from actually purchasing anything, but it's only a matter of time.
♥ Reading the wise and funny words of Wendy Cope (I like to think of her as the blog's Official Poet). I picked up her latest volume when my mum and I went to see her read in August, but I've only just sat down to read it, and it's heaven.
♥ Knitting a damn snood.
How about you?
'Birdsong in Winter' etsy treasury imported into Blogger using the Treasury tool by Red Row Studio, via DDay. Haiku from Family Values by Wendy Cope.
0 comments:
Post a Comment