Pages

International Women's Day, Take 2


Next Thursday, the 8th of March, is International Women's Day. On that day last year, Any Other Woman ran a series called "In Her Own Words: In Celebration of International Women's Day 2011", a series created to share and celebrate the experiences of women from many walks of life. All day on 8 March 2011, Any Other Woman featured posts written by a collective of intelligent, passionate and opinionated women bloggers from the United States and the United Kingdom. And, er, me.

At the time it was amazing to feel part of an international movement of women (read my reflections on the experience here) and I can scarcely believe it's been nearly a whole year. I'm starting to sense the build up to this year's event already - you can follow their updates on twitter and facebook - so for those of you who are new around here and maybe missed it last year (hi!), I thought I'd remind you that you can read my own International Women's Day post from last year right here.

Next week is going to be a huge week for AOW so keep your eyes peeled for something very special on the 8th of March.

Have a lovely weekend, peeps.
 


Image via Oxfam Unwrapped

0 comments:

Post a Comment