Pages

Today's the day.

Obama with feet on table
Obama waiting to give a speech
Michelle and Barack Obama
Obama on campaign bus

I saw Callie Shell's behind-the-scenes photography of Obama's 2008 campaign on a BBC documentary the other day. It's very evocative. I especially love the ones showing Michelle and Barack together. (It might interest you to know we have a Michelle Obama magnet on our fridge, right next to a picture of Hildegard of Bingen. We like smart ladies.) I would urge you to look at the full exhibition here.

I'm scared to watch the news tonight. I might not live in the United States, but there are plenty of people I love who do, and I cannot bear the thought of that tax-avoiding, Muppet-hating twatface having any power over their lives. Please, America, make a good decision today.

In related news, Fin and I have been spending a lot of time lately watching a fantastic new television programme. We're talking the cutting edge of small-screen entertainment. You might have heard of it: it's called The West Wing.

Yup, that's right. We have NEVER SEEN THE WEST WING. Or rather, we hadn't seen it until last month, and now we are obsessively working our way through the entire seven-season box set. Seriously - why did nobody ever tell me? It's BRILLIANT. Sure, it's set in an impossible liberal fantasy land where everyone at the highest level of government is wise, principled and downright hilarious, but who cares? It's brilliant.

Is it too late to ask Martin Sheen if he'd like to run for President?

0 comments:

Post a Comment