Pages

Things I've been doing instead of buying Fin a birthday present.


1. Visiting the Olympics.
2. Watching the Olympics.
3. Talking about the Olympics.
4. Volunteering at Fringe by the Sea.
5. Hunting for a dog-friendly flat with a garden and a dishwasher.
6. Planning and executing Blonde Bridesmaid's hen do. There's a decent chance I'm still drunk.
7. Sleeping on early morning trains.
8. Hunting for a dog-friendly flat, garden and dishwasher optional.
9. Wishing the Olympics were still on.
10. Suffering complete mental block for anything I could possibly give him. Seriously, I've got nothing. Nada.
11. Hunting for a flat. Any flat. Walls optional.
12. Sleeping on early evening trains.
13. Panicking unproductively.
14. Sleeping, generally.

Really, number 10 is the problem. You'd think being together for so long would mean I'd be brimming with ideas. Surely I know what the man wants by now? You would think so. But you'd be wrong. Remember, this is the eleventh birthday I've had to buy for. That's a lot of presents, and believe me, there have been some excellent ones over the years. Unfortunately, it looks like I only had ten good ideas in me, and now I'm picking through rejects from birthdays past, praying for inspiration to strike. My latest suggestion of "Kirsty Will Walk the Dog" vouchers, redeemable on demand, was not met with the excitement I'd been hoping for. (Apparently I'm supposed to walk her anyway. Whatever.)

I've got two days to get him something.

Fuck.


Talk birthday presents to me, people. Where do you find ideas? What's the best birthday present you've given or received? Actually, screw that - what's the worst? Please make me feel better about the fact that I'm probably about to give my husband a bottle of HP sauce wrapped up in kitchen roll for his birthday.


{High-waist orange knickers from pretty mommy}

0 comments:

Post a Comment