Sorry for the radio silence.
At the start of the week, I was too busy trying to track down an elusive skirt, one that was just the right shade of corally-pink and just the right length and pleated just so. These things take time, you know. These things are important.
I found it hiding in a faraway shop, and was forced to rely on the kindness of strangers to bring it home to me. I asked the internet for help, and it answered. You people are wonderful.
Then my week took a turn for the worse. More of a lurch than a turn, actually. Now I am waiting for news, battling that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, the hard lump in my throat where laughter should be. I am less inclined to fret over a pink skirt or a neglected blog. These things aren't so important, after all.
I have used up this week's internet magic quota already. I won't ask you for good vibes or crossed fingers - I'm not sure they make much difference anyway. What will happen will happen regardless. But I would ask for your patience. I am short of words this week. Please bear with me.
{Image: Carl Kleiner}

0 comments:
Post a Comment