![]() |
| Kool-aid dyed yarn via Knitting Iris (how, er, cool) |
Not last Christmas but the Christmas before, my mum bought me a gorgeous Cath Kidston knitting set, complete with kitschy patterned knitting bag and vintage-esque wooden needles. I love it. She also bought me a handy little book called Stitch 'n' Bitch
Unfortunately, in the 15 months that I've been in possession of this oh-so-stylish knitting paraphernalia, I have knitted precisely one scarf (with holes) and one hat that might possibly just fit on the head of a newborn baby (it was meant to be for me). Oh, and I made a pom pom, which apparently is not *technically* knitting.
However, I think the problem was simply a lack of inspiration. I wasn't excited - no, I wasn't challenged by these dull hat-scarf-pompom projects. I needed something more... expressive.
People, I think I may have found it.
And if you were wondering whether Kate would be rocking Oldfield or McQueen on the big day, wonder no more - this lovely woollen ensemble is one-of-a-kind and so original.
I must admit, not all of these woolly wedding creations are quite so successful. Prince Harry, for example, looks not unlike a South American military dictator, which is unfortunate (if not entirely outwith the realms of possibility). Of course, the president in Rastamouse has a similar look going on, and we know he's a goodie, so it's probably fine.
The only slight problem is that I'm currently busy crocheting the entire cast of Star Wars for the Hubster**, so I'm not sure I'll have time to complete the entire Royal Wedding line-up before April. Do you think anybody would mind (or indeed notice) if Prince William married Princess Leia instead? Brown hair, white dress, she already has a title - frankly, it makes sense.
![]() |
| Spot the odd one out. |
The only slight problem is that I'm currently busy crocheting the entire cast of Star Wars for the Hubster**, so I'm not sure I'll have time to complete the entire Royal Wedding line-up before April. Do you think anybody would mind (or indeed notice) if Prince William married Princess Leia instead? Brown hair, white dress, she already has a title - frankly, it makes sense.
![]() |
| Amazing crochet Star Wars patterns (and ohmygod this little guy) by Lucy Ravenscar |
The real question is, which one could be Prince Philip? I'm thinking Darth...
*What? Come on, you didn't think I'd last until April without mentioning the Royal Wedding, did you? You KNOW I love a wedding. It was always going to happen.
**He's a bit of a fanatic. Just don't mention Jar Jar Binks in his presence or he may try to kill you. Just sayin.




0 comments:
Post a Comment